This past week has taken me by surprise in more ways than one. Not only has our wretched British weather blessed us with some Vitamin D, but we’re almost in June – what!? Am I the only one who thinks that after January the year just flies by? Anyway, I’m currently overwhelmed with all the summertime feels so I thought what a perfect time to start a blog series that covers all things, Summer! As we’re approaching festival season – and I’m screaming with excitement that Parklife Festival is in two weeks – what better way to start than with a summertime playlist!
Now, when we are actually fortunate enough to get some bliss rays, my mind goes to two things. Music and food (ok my mind is always on those two things but uh, you get my point.) Whether it’s a day party with a BBQ on the go or a few pornstar martinis in the garden with the girls – my go-to summer playlist should get you in the mood to live your best life.
My playlists often tend to be excessively long so I’ve made an executive decision to just select a handful. As you will come to figure, my summer playlist vibes vary from jumpy R&B/hip-hop beats to more chilled soul music. In simpler terms think from Tory Lanez to Jhene Aiko. So, if that’s your kinda style – you’ll LOVE this playlist.
I did, however, have the courtesy of downloading Spotify so you guys can access my full summer playlist – I’m always adding to it!
1. 24/7 – Meek Mill feat. Ella Mai
2. Freaky – Tory Lanez
3. Boasty – Wiley feat. Stefflon Don, Sean Paul & Idris Elba
4. Nights Like This – Kehlani feat. Ty Dolla $ign
5. Vossi Bop – Stormzy
6. Signs – Drake
7. First Off – Future feat. Travis Scott
8. Mixed Personalities – YNW Melly feat. Kanye West
9. Chi Chi – Trey Songz feat. Chris Brown
10. Drive and Disconnect- NAO
11. Senseless – Stefflon Don feat. Tory Lanez
12. TLC – Sy Ari Da Kid
13. Please Me – Cardi B feat. Bruno Mars
14. Old Town Road – Lil Nas X
Did I miss a crucial banger? Drop a comment below!!